Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 18: Stockings

30 Sew-Made Holiday Ideas


I made some stockings last year and will probably make a couple new ones this year to match our sugar plum fairy tree and that are a little bigger. The one thing I found with making stockings is to over size them otherwise after you sew them not much fits. Make some fun stockings to hang by your fire with care.

Vintage Embellished Quick Stockings, use with any stocking pattern or plain stocking. Tutorial from Katies Rose Cottage.

Falling Flakes tutorial is really fun and cute, it would be a good way to use multiple Christmas fabrics. Get the tutorial from imagine gnats.
the falling flakes stocking

I like the unique look of these elf stockings from sew4home.
Click to Enlarge

Another vintage looking stocking is this great burlap stocking from Kelsey Bang. I really like the bow one. 

I am in love with the idea of upcylcing right now, this tutorial from Nebraska Views is a very cute way to upcycle old jeans. 

I think the idea of this ruffled postage stamp stocking is really fun and could be applied is so many different ways for a one of a kind look. Get the tutorial from Mandipidy.
She also has this cute argyle stocking.

This one is very elegant and could be done in an arary of colors. I think if you used some satin it could look very posh. I love all the beaded details. I think I will make a varariation of this one for us this year. Get the tutorial from Stone Gables.

No comments:

Post a Comment