Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day 2012

This Veterans day is very special time for me to remember and honor my grandfather Odell John Howard.  He was born April 24, 1932 in Malad, ID and died July 11, 2012 in Idaho Falls. He served in the Air Force for 23 years, spent 20 years in civil service for the US Navy, he was the Welfare and Recreation Director for the U.S. Navy and Idaho State Commander for the Veterans of Foreign Wars



Photo


I am also thankful for my 2 cousins that have followed in his footsteps by serving this nation in the Air Force. Thank you Bryan Miller and your family stationed at Minot Air Force Base.  Thank you Brett Miller and your family stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base.  (Both pictured above at my grandfathers funeral.)

And to my cousin Nathan Turnbow who will be going to basic training in January for the United States Marine Corps. 

And to my dear friend Joel Darrington stationed at Cannon Air Force Base. 

May we always remember that freedom doesn't come free and that so many have given there lives to ensure our freedom. Please take the time to thank a veteran, armed service member, or visit those who have fallen.  Remember also thank their families that give so much as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment