All Things Sweet has this fantastic Cinnabon Knock Off Reciepe
Its so yummy! I have never seen a more beautiful looking dough, I just knew they would be good when started kneading. They raise nicely and they taste divine. I left them plain and had the cream cheese frosting, caramel, and pecans on the side so that everyone could make them the way they wanted and they where a big hit! We enjoyed them the next day reheated for 15 seconds in the microwave.
Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Rolls:1 package dry yeast (2 1/4tsp)
1/2 cup warm milk
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tb orange peel shredded
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
Filling:1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1tb orange juice
1tb orange peel
1/3 cup margarine, softened
Icing:6 tablespoons margarine
3-4 tb orange juice
2 tb orange peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
1. Set out eggs and milk to warm to room temp. When milk is warm stir in yeast and let rise for 5 min.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Let rise about 1 hour till doubled.
4. While dough is rising combine brown sugar, cinnamon, orange juice, and orange peel till crumbly.
5. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Let the paper go up the sides to keep the sauces in the bottom.
6. Kneed dough and roll out to a rectangle around 21"x16" and about a 1/4" thick.
7. Spead softened margin on rectangle and coat evenly with filling. Roll and cut into 1 3/4" slices and place on prepared dishes.
8. Raise for 30 minutes and then bake at 350 for about 15 minutes till lightly golden.
9. Frost and enjoy!
* I never worry too much if there are lumps in my frosting, when you put it on warm rolls it melts perfect.
* The tighter the cinnamon rolls in the pan the more gooey goodness stays on them.