Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16: Tree Skirts

We need a tree skirt, not that the one we have doesn't work, but its a Santa one. Our tree this year will be Sugar Plum Fairy so we need one to match. I will post a tutorial of the one I make later. Here are some of the ones I like. Since most of us put up our tree right after Thanksgiving this tutorial should go on the top of your lists.

Garnet hill tree skirt knockoff
Garnet Hill tree skirt knockoff from Uncommon Designs Online. I like that they used a Red background, it just shows that you can change the look as simple as color. This one is good if you wrap a lot of present under the tree early, since it is not too fancy in the center.

I love this burlap and lace idea! If you tree is a rustic country tree this is the one for you. Get the tutorial from  Do it yourself Divas.

Ruffled tree skirt tutorial that is hot glued i would just sew strips and gather them then sew them on much faster and cheaper than using hot glue. depending on the fabric choice it this one could go with any tree theme. Get the tutorial from My Crazy Life or the Crafted Sparrow.

treeskirt tutorial
Rag quilted tree skirt from Tracey's Treasury. This would be good for 2 tone trees like silver and blue, gold and red, etc...

Kaleidoscope Christmas Tree Skirt
This one is a fun way to upcycle old ties, get the tutorial from About.com.

This is a unique one from Crazy Mom Quilts. I like that it is square.

DIY Ruched Tablecloth Tree Skirt
Tablecloth, inexpensive ruched tree skirt from teal & lime. I really like how simple this one is, but really cute.

This is a great idea for a tree with a high clearance, it would fill that void and loot frilly. I might have to incorporate some of this into my tutorial for my sugar plum fariy tree. Get the tutorial at the Ribbon Retreat.

This one is not a tutorial, but you could easily make one, its just appliqued felt with some buttons.Idea from Lolly Chops.

Cute and easy gingerbread man tree skirt from Pinafores and Pinwheels.

Completed skirt
I love this cute present tree skirt tutorial from All Things Belle. its for a mini tree so enlarge it for your tree.

This is so cute and the idea could be applied to just about anything snowmen, hearts, presents, elves and Santa.... I couldn't find a tutorial but its a basic tree skirt with mittens appliqued on the edge. Just find and image you like and cut them out of fabric that you quilted or appliqued designs onto. Next add ribbon or yarn for the ties and some poinsettia's with pompoms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment